Saturday, February 24, 2007

MEDIOCRITY



It's difficult to write poetry
on a winter evening.
Grey and dull.. darkness falling
Like a furry moth
Enveloping me in a sort of suffocating vacuity
An aching nothingness
That comes from the pent up frustration
Of having to accept... that you're mediocre
I've tried my best
To keep it from you
Tried my best...to piece together
Short staccato sentences with pregnant gaps
And jagged edges
Like a grey winter evening
Struggling to hold on
It's weak light
Because I'm only twenty-five yet
An empty, passionless poet At twenty-five..
Tried my best
So you wouldn't know
But perhaps, you already know
That I can't anymore..
That one can't have writer's block forever.
That it was just a defence mechanism
That I am only a mediocre person
Terrified of my mediocrity.

No comments: