Saturday, July 14, 2007

Time - You old gypsy man..

This is dedicated to all those who feel life and time is just passing them by. I feel that at times, when I just want to rush and hold time in the palm of my hand or close it tightly within a fist.. I especially have this urge when its a windy day and I'm walking on a deserted street with a friend.. Talking, chatting or just simply being. How I wish that time like that would just stop dead in its tracks..

The great Gulzar captured in words so beautifully (hardly a surprise now, is it?) the above feeling -

Dil dhoondta hai, phir wohi fursat ke raat din
baithe rahe tasavvur-e-jaana kiye hue

Jaadon ki narm dhoop aur aangan mein let kar
aakhon pe kheench kar tere aanchal ke saaye ko
aundhe kabhi, kabhi karvat liye hue

Barfeeli sardiyon mein kisi bhi pahaad par
vaadi mein goonjti hui khamoshiyan sunein
aakhon mein bheege bheege se lamhe liye hue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Expressly the title attracted me to read the whole story.