Monday, May 28, 2007

Malhaar - The onset of the monsoon

Like I have confessed before also, I simply love the rain.. The miracle that the skies can hold so much water and just let it gush forth when it becomes too heavy to bear, never ceases to amaze me.. What does amaze me though is the fact that I suddenly felt the strong urge to try writing something in Hindi.. Now, I wouldnt really call my Hindi weak but be that as it may, I'm no Ghalib or Gulzar (whom I consider rockstars when it comes to Urdu/Hindi poetry).. But even then, the urge like the rain became too strong and then I just had to let it forth -

Aankhon mein mitti ka katra,
chubhta tha, khatakta tha;
Band aakhon se kya dekhoon,
Jo khuli aakhon se hi andekha thha?

Bade dinon se mann hai pyaasa,
yeh nain bhi sookhe hain;
Ek ehsaas, ek jazbe ke liye,
yeh saare lamhe bhooke hain.

Aaj behne do in ashkon ko,
Aane do bahaar,
Kabse pyaasa dil banjar thha,
Lo aa gayi malhaar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice'ish :)