Sunday, December 31, 2006

WARPED AND TWISTED

A friend of mine recently said to me, "You know? You're quite twisted".. Which led me to think.. What is "twisted"? Something strange? something unfamiliar? Ghastly at the extreme? Just imagine if we weren't strange.. If we didn't have our idiosyncracies.. Peculiarities.. How bland life would be.. Imagine seeing yourself in every person you meet.. Imagine encountering your clone round the corner.. Someone who talks like you, acts like you, thinks like you.. But is not you.. I think that thought is scary.. Yes.. I am twisted.. from where others stand.. I am twisted.. And from where I stand... well.. Lets just leave it at that -


Harsh words & violent blows,
hiddent secrets that no one knows.
Eyes are open, hands are fisted,
Deep inside, I'm warped & twisted.

So many tricks & so many lies,
too many whens & too many whys.
Nobody is special, nobody is gifted,
I'm just me, warped & twisted.

Sleeping awake, choking on a dream.
Listening aloud, to a silent scream.
Call my mind, the number is unlisted,
Lost in someone wo warped & twisted.

On my knees, alive but dead,
Look at the invisible blood I've bled.
I'm not gone, my mind has drifted,
Don't expect much, I'm warped & twisted.

Burnt out, empty, wasted & hollow,
Today is just yesterday's tomorrow.
The sun dies out, the ashes sifted,
I'm still here, warped & twisted.

No comments: